The COMCEC Budget Form provides a summary. The COMCEC committee wants to see how you came up with your budget. The budget justification explains the budget and should specifically describe how each item will support the achievement of proposed objectives. Write the budget justification in the same order as the line items entered on the budget form. Explain fully where you got the figures for the budget summary.
The budget justification should include:
- Budget summary line item total.
- Major components of each line item total.
- Show as much detail as possible (e.g., # sessions x # people x material cost = total material cost).
- Explain how study objectives depend on major cost items.
- If the services of a consultant are requested, specify the qualifications and scope of work.